Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Its Chili Baby

Who doesn't like Chili on a cold day?  I am no stranger to Frito Chili pie on a cold day.  I made it last week well, except I didn't have Fritos I made do with Doritos.  They had been on sale.  Those of you that don't know me will learn I am a couponer and I am cheap.  

Back to the Chili...This is easy to make with a little prep work.  First things first, you will have to make some dehydrated hamburger meat or buy some FD hamburger meat.  Here are some great directions to make your own.  This is how I do mine too.

Chili recipe for storage.

1/2 c red beans
3/4 c hamburger rocks (dehydrated hamburger meat)
1/4 c freeze dried tomatos
2 cubes of tomato boullion
1/4 dried minced onions
1 cube of beef boullion
1 tsp of garlic
2 tbsp of chili powder
1-3 tbsp of chili flakes (depending on your taste)
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper.

Layer in a bottle, add an oxygen absorber, and seal.
To make 3-4 cups of water and cook.

This is the Tomato Boullion I buy.  

A little hint,  I use a funnel I bought from automotive department for $0.99 as opposed to $5.99 in the kitchen department.  I take a wooden spoon to help get the ingredients in the bottle.  Sometimes it takes a lot of force.

Serves 5 and has about 10 g carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment