Friday, April 12, 2013

Sinus infections...YUCK

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, but I am battling a sinus infection.  I am currently boiling salt water on the stove waiting for the steam to get up so I can breathe it in.  I have treated sinus infections for 9 years this way and only had to resort to the Doctors office 3 times.  I am not a medical professional, but I am telling you what works for me.  I also gargle with salt water to help the sore throat that comes with it.  If I am coughing tonight I will have a hot toddy before bed.

Hot Toddy

  • 2 jiggers (shots) of  Whiskey 
  • Tbsp local honey
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
Mix it up and heat it on the stove for about 3-5 minutes. Sit back and drink it.  It will help clear the frogs out of your throat, disinfect your throat and help you sleep. NO OPERATING HEAVY MACHINERY, OR DRIVING AFTER DRINKING THIS!  Don't mix with cold medicine either.

Works for colds, flu, sinus infections, and bad days.

No comments:

Post a Comment